Nothing complements a hunting tale as well as a skull mount. When you harvest record-worthy deer, you MUST keep a trophy. It is a hunter's seal to his bragging rights. That said, how to clean a deer skull can be quite a challenge. If you are up to the challenge, however, this read on.
N.B: Some professionals will make a mount out of your deer head for a fee. The fee is usually quite sizable. The cheaper option is just to read this guide and learn how to clean deer skull & mount yourself.
The process of cleaning and mounting deer skulls follows four intensive steps
Check These Deer Skull Collections
Equipment you need for the entire process are;
- 1. Source of heat. (With adjustable temperature controls)
- 2. A boiling pot that can accommodate your deer head.
- 3. Quick-dry adhesive like super glue.
- 4. Lots of water.
- 5. A scalpel or a small sharp knife.
- 6. A wire brush.
- 7. Small-nozzle hose.
- 8. Protective gear (goggles, kitchen gloves, apron, etc.)
- 9. Washing Soda.
- 10. Hydrogen Peroxide (preferably 10% - 15%).
- 11. Enough white gas to drown the skull.
Tell us your thoughts on these how to clean a deer skull steps. Be sure to notify us of the results you have with our recommendations in the comment section. If you discover a better way of doing things, we are always eager to learn.
About The Author:
Lake Streeter, A Gun enthusiast, and loves to hunt in the middle of the wood. Always check the latest hunting gears out in the market and try to share his honest opinion with the audience in OUTDOOR EVER.