Nothing complements a hunting tale as well as a skull mount. When you harvest record-worthy deer, you MUST keep a trophy. It is a hunter's seal to his bragging rights. That said, how to clean a deer skull can be quite a challenge. If you are up to the challenge, however, this read on.
N.B: Some professionals will make a mount out of your deer head for a fee. The fee is usually quite sizable. The cheaper option is just to read this guide and learn how to clean deer skull & mount yourself.
The process of cleaning and mounting deer skulls follows four intensive steps
Check These Deer Skull Collections
Last update on 2019-06-16
Equipment you need for the entire process are;
- 1. Source of heat. (With adjustable temperature controls)
- 2. A boiling pot that can accommodate your deer head.
- 3. Quick-dry adhesive like super glue.
- 4. Lots of water.
- 5. A scalpel or a small sharp knife.
- 6. A wire brush.
- 7. Small-nozzle hose.
- 8. Protective gear (goggles, kitchen gloves, apron, etc.)
- 9. Washing Soda.
- 10. Hydrogen Peroxide (preferably 10% - 15%).
- 11. Enough white gas to drown the skull.
Tell us your thoughts on these how to clean a deer skull steps. Be sure to notify us of the results you have with our recommendations in the comment section. If you discover a better way of doing things, we are always eager to learn.