The best soft rifle case will be the best option for carrying your firearm to the gun range or anywhere else. Thanks to the extra storage you get with such a rifle case. You can store your spare magazines, cleaning supplies, or other shooting gear such as rifle scopes.
Here is our pick of the best soft rifle case.
Best Soft Rifle Case Reviews
Savior Equipment Urban Warfare Tactical Double Carbine Long Rifle Bag Gun Case
Choosing the best double rifle case wasn’t easy, but ultimately we had to settle on this Savoir Equipment long rifle bag gun case. It comes in five length options, 36 inches, 42 inches, 46 inches, 51 inches, and 55 inches.
I opted for the 46-inch version that is capable of holding longer rifles and shotguns. What I love about it is the amount of storage space it offers. I like carrying most of my accessories and gear in one place.
It comes with double padded storage compartments that can hold two rifles. There is also space for two pistols and magazines. I am able to carry about 600 rounds of ammo with this case and even scopes for my Winchester 308 rifle.
I do love the shoulder straps that the case comes with. They make it easy to carry the case as a backpack, which I love. Better yet, these shoulder straps are removable so you can do away with them if you don’t need them.
- Is spacious enough to accommodate two rifles, two pistols, and magazines
- Comes with shoulder straps that are removable for easy carrying
- It also has two sets of handle making it possible to carry it horizontally
- Is fitted with lockable zippers to make it difficult for unwanted intruders to gain access to your firearms
- Features heavy-duty double stitching for durability
- The dual shoulder straps are a bit too thin for my liking
- The shoulder straps are closely placed and maybe a bit uncomfortable for people with broad chests
When you want to carry two or more guns to the range, this is the rifle case for you. It offers a lot of space, and the external magazine pockets can easily hold 5 Magpul 5.56 magazines. And the only flaws I saw with this case were the shoulder straps. Which aren’t that big of a deal to me.
Savior Equipment American Classic Tactical Double Long Rifle Pistol Gun Bag Firearm Transportation Case
Savior Equipment has an impressive selection of rifle cases, and another one of my favorites from the company is the American Classic Tactical. As with the previous model, this has what it takes to be crowned the best double rifle case.
You get plenty of space from this tactical double long rifle transportation case. I especially loved the fact that it has padded edges. These prevent unwanted movement of your firearms during transportation.
Inside you can store up to 2 long rifles and 2 pistols. There are also external compartments for storing additional accessories. Basically, you can carry quite a lot with this rifle case. And just like the other model you can either carry it on your shoulders or horizontally.
Personally, I prefer carrying it on my shoulders as a backpack. However, there are times when carrying it horizontally is better. This is when the hook and loop handle comes in handy.
- The zippers are lockable, which improves the security of the case
- The adjustable quick-detach buckle system makes it easy to open without compromising on security
- Has three large exterior pockets where you can store magazines and other accessories
- Is constructed from 600 PVC nylon which is a heavy-duty material
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- The shoulder straps are a bit too thin
- Closely spaced shoulder straps can be uncomfortable
As with the other Savior Equipment model, this one has a lot to offer. Both are my top picks for the ar 15 soft rifle case. Ar 15 style guns aren’t the only ones you can carry inside these cases. Thanks to the sheer amount of storage space you get, you can carry longer rifles as well.
VISM by NcSTAR Double Carbine Case
NcSTAR is another company whose double rifle cases I am fond of. In particular, the VISM by NcSTAR Double Carbine Case. Though it costs a little less than the Savior Equipment model, it is a rifle case I would recommend, and here is why.
The version I went for can accommodate two rifles of up to 35 inches in overall length. Overall it measures 42 inches long. There are 4 hook and loop straps that hold each of your two carbine rifles securely in place.
It comes with two main compartments with the primary compartment being where you store the two rifles. The second compartment offers space for two pistols and additional accessories. And if you like, you can store up to three pistols in the second compartment.
You get three large pockets on the outside with the middle one being the largest. The other two on either side come with a webbing divider. Meaning you can store more things.
I was a bit disappointed with the lack of shoulder straps on this one. But I will say that the hand handle it comes with is hefty duty. Something else I loved about this case was the number of pockets it comes with.
There are plenty of pockets inside this case for storing virtually anything from maps, magazines, handguns, to safety equipment.
- All zippers have pull cords for easy access
- Top and bottom compression straps make the case look leaner than it really is
- The three exterior pockets are large enough for storing several magazines
- Can accommodate two long rifles and three pistols
- A thick padded divider keeps the two rifles securely fastened
- Does not come with shoulder straps and can only be carried horizontally
- Other than the primary compartment the case features single stitching
Honestly, with this case, you will be tempted to buy more guns because of the amount of storage space you get. Most of the pockets, in this case, have pockets. So if you want to spend $50 on a case, you can use to carry almost all your stuff to the range, this is it.
About The Author:
Lake Streeter, A Gun enthusiast, and loves to hunt in the middle of the wood. Always check the latest hunting gears out in the market and try to share his honest opinion with the audience in OUTDOOR EVER.